Sunday, December 23, 2007

Surprises

On Wednesday Chae surprised me. He had these roses delivered to the house (roses are my favorite) with a note telling me to dress up and be ready to go by 5pm. He took me to see The Nutcracker at an opera house in Denver. I have always loved the story and saw the ballet for the first time 3 years ago in Switzerland (when I studied abroad). I hadn't seen it since. It was a tad different than the first time (i.e. scenery, props) as I'm sure it differs with each year, ballet troupe, and location, but still beautiful. Chae officially survived his first ballet. I thought he would sleep through it. I remember the first time I ever mentioned The Nutcracker he couldn't believe they didn't talk. I had to remind him that it is a ballet ;). I have to admit that I was a little suspicious. A few weeks ago he'd asked me if I preferred to see a Cirque de Soleil show or The Nutcracker (when I saw a commercial for a Cirque de Soleil show playing in the area). Then he kept asking me what my plans for Wednesday night were, saying he might leave work early. However, I had no idea about the roses. It was a very nice surprise and cute. The roses and ballet were an early Christmas/anniversary present (on December 26 it will be 3 years since our Korean wedding). I had been complaining that he'd been neglecting me for a while, no real dates, no surprises, no romance. He'd agreed with me and I guess he decided to do something about it ;).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi... i was very intrigued because i was looking for something and your name pop up...
the thing that intrigued me is that my name happens to be Shemirel and i haven't find somebody with my name until now.
if you can please contact me because i will like to know more about it.
thanks...
my email is sheguzher@hotmail.com