Monday, January 7, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a long while since I last blogged. For that I am truly sorry. I blame Chae ;). He was off for 11 days for the holidays. The entire company shut down, which was nice. He didn't have to use any leave, of which he has very little. He went from 30 days a year while in the military, to now a mere 10. So we spent the whole time hanging out with each other and friends, snowboarding, running errands, and vegging out. It was so great. I think we really needed that time to bond, to just be together without any other major distractions or interruptions. These last several months have been so hectic with all the transitioning and moves, which didn't leave much time for quality time. Work was slow when he went back last week (a lot of people were still on vacation) so we still got to hang out a little.
Christmas was great. We spent it at home together. We had a couple of invites, but decided to spend it in our new home. It seemed appropriate, considering it would be our first Christmas in our new home. We had a lazy day - slept in, opened gifts, slow breakfast, a nap, Christmas dinner still in our pj's, and went to see a movie in the evening. It was very relaxing. I also had my first white Christmas. I was very excited. I didn't think it was going to happen. Most of the snow on the ground had melted, the weather Christmas Eve was sunny and beautiful, and I hadn't heard any news of snow. We got home at 2 am on Christmas morning after hanging out with some of Chae's old friends, and it wasn't snowing yet. I was thoroughly surprised and amused to wake up to a "Winter Wonderland" on Christmas morning. Chae heard that in 100 years it had only snowed on Christmas in Denver 13 times. I was excited for this special blessing. I had just mentioned to Jesus the day before that it would be nice to have a white Christmas.

Our home under a blanket of snow.


Chae and Kiera on Christmas morning.


Chae with his gifts.


One more belated gift, from me. No he's not about to rob the bank. It's a face mask to keep him warm while hitting the slopes.

Me with my gifts. Thank you familia and TGS. Kathy, that book was amazing as always. At one point Chae was reading it to me.

Kiera opened her own present on Christmas morning. It was so cute!



Stay tuned for more pics with updates.

No comments: