Monday, December 17, 2007

Tis the Season

I've been meaning to post these pictures for over a week, but never got around to it. On Saturday, December 8, I went to a Christmas market in historic Georgetown. It's a cute little town nestled in the mountains, about 50 minutes from us. I also officially survived my first real attempt at driving in the snow. I had been waiting all week to go, so despite the fact that it snowed all day, I decided to make the trip, amid precautions from Chae. I had been looking forward to it and didn't want to miss it. Chae was taking a final so he couldn't go. Anyway, I figure I better get used to driving in the snow, or I'll be stuck inside a lot.
It was a beautiful drive through the mountains. It reminded me of our trips through Austria (which was my favorite European road trip country), except this time there was snow (we had a mild winter last year in Europe, not very much snow). The town was adorable. It boasted a European Christmas market, so I had to check it out. Not exactly, the way they do it in Europe, but still beautiful with all the shops and vendors. Quite a few shops did have Christmas collectibles imported from Europe, the same ones I had seen during our travels through Europe last Christmas. The world gets smaller and smaller. You no longer have to go Europe (or anywhere else for that matter) to get authentic European items, you can find them in the US. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I wish Chae could have come, it was beautiful with the snow falling and romantic. Maybe next time. I thoroughly enjoyed it and did not regret making the trip alone through the snow.





Saint Nicholas, a very unhappy reindeer who kept showing his teeth, and me.
Those are the mountains you see in the background, not the sky.
Ahh, so serene.


I thought I was in Colorado?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it took me the longest time to try and figure out how to comment on your blogs. I love the house it looks really pretty, and I am sure it will look a lot better once you are done decorating it.
The pictures of your adventure at the Christmas market are really great, you have a photographers eye. The shooting at the Churches was such a tragedy I was so scared when I saw it on the news, so I had to call you guys! Well let me try and get some shut eye it has been a very exhausting day! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'm very impressed that you braved the roads!

We just took 100 pictures of my wee one-will send you some. :) My mom's been here over three days and her luggage hasn't been delivered yet!

April

marangelie caballero said...

when i come visit you have to take me there!