Friday, December 7, 2007

Nothing Much

It's been a while since my last post. The truth is that I've really had nothing exciting to talk about. The days have been spent working on the house and running errands to get things needed for the house. A few days ago the weather here was beautiful. It didn't feel like December. I wore linen pants one day, it was in the 60s that day. Linen in December, that's a summer fabric. I had my first white Thanksgiving a few weeks ago, and here I was enjoying early fall weather in December. I wasn't complaining, but rather enjoying the no coat weather. While we were enjoying nice weather, I heard that a winter storm was moving towards NOVA, but I don't know if it ever hit.
Well, the weather changed last night. This morning Keira woke me up at 4:30. When I let her out I realized that it was snowing, a wet snow that only stuck to the grass, but snowing nonetheless. Today was only in the 30s and overcast. Surprisingly, it didn't feel too cold to me. Most of you out there know that I'm always cold. It's been flurrying on and off. I kind of like it. The snow makes everything look so pretty and makes it feel more like Christmas. Chae said he's surprised that we haven't had a blizzard yet. I know last year Colorado got a lot of snow. He said it's unusual that we haven't had one yet this year. I told him that God is just trying to ease me into Colorado weather, He knows the cold and I don't get along ;).
Wednesday night our church had a Hanukkah service. It was beautiful. I had always learned about Hanukkah in school, from a historical perspective. This was the first time I learned about it from a spiritual perspective. It's a holiday about miracles. I know I serve a God of miracles. I greatly admire the Jews, their history, and this tradition in which they honor the miracles God performed for their people so long ago.

No comments: